Sunday, 23 June 2013

Grainline's Scout Tee

For the past couple of days I have been working, on and off, on a wearable muslin of the Scout Woven Tee. Thanks to its simplicity it was a joy to sew, because of this I decided it would be a good candidate for my first attempt at French seams. I used Jen's tutorial which was very easy to follow. So nice to make the inside of the garment as neat on the inside as it is on the outside.

As for the finished garment I am pretty pleased with it. I cannot decide if I need to add a little extra width across the shoulders. I'm so used to wearing stretchy fabrics that I think maybe I just need to get used to it being at bit more restrictive. I'll have to wear it a bit (if it ever warms up) and see how it feels over the course of a day.

The fabric wasn't the best choice as it doesn't hang quite right but I have some cotton lawn
or some silk that I have in my stash ready for the next one.Actually, i'm going to save the silk for a third attempt as it scares me a bit.

Apologies for sloppy phone photo. What can I say, I've had this draft written for over a week and I just wanted to get it posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment